Monday, April 15, 2013

Let's Count!

The latest trip to the library has brought some really good finds.  We have recently read, 1 2 3 Beach by Puck.  There aren't any words in this book and it is a simple counting book.  My son was captivated by these pictures.  The pictures are done in primary colors and are very simple.  As we read this book, we identified the object(s) on each page and counted.  Something that I haven't seen very often, though, was at the end of the book where it offered suggestions to parents about different ways to read and use the book.  I think this has become a favorite because every time I get the library books out, this is the one he goes to first.  This book is in the following categories: counting and in the seasons category for summer.













       

We have also been spending some time with a book called, Fifteen Animals by Sandra Boynton.  I saw this book and fell in love with it.  Every animal in this book, with the exception of the last one, is named Bob.  When I was growing up I named everything Bob, so when I saw this I thought that it was perfect for me to read to my son.  This book is also a counting book and by the end of the book you are able to count to 15, which isn't the typical number found in a counting book.  Apparently, there is also a song that goes along with this book... we might have to check it out in the next couple of days.  This book is in the categories of: animals, counting, and songs.



No comments:

Post a Comment