Monday, February 4, 2013

Music In Books

                                        

Music is a huge part of my life and I try to get my hands on whatever books I can that focus on music, instruments, or rhythms.  In light of all of that my son and I have read, "Animal Orchestra" by Ilo Orleans probably 3 times in the last couple of days.  This is one of the Golden Books and is a very delightful read.  This book is a rhyming one and actually has a very natural reading rhythm to it.  As you read the words of this book, it just sounds musical.  There is also a lot of onomatopoeia in the book to describe the sounds that the different instruments make.  The pictures in this book are so fun and are very exciting for children to see silly things, such as animals playing instruments and dressed up in a suit and tie.  This is definitely a quick book, but so much can be done with this one.  You could count each of the animals that are playing the different instruments, discuss colors and animal fur/prints, or even focus on the families of instruments.  Maybe that is me taking this too far because music is such a big part of everything that I do, but this is really a fun read.  This book is in the following categories: animals, music.

No comments:

Post a Comment