Sunday, February 10, 2013

Reading with Grandma

This weekend, there was an opportunity for Grandma (Memaw) to read to my son.  Together they read Grandma and Me By Karen Katz.  This is a fun lift-the-flap book, which my son had a great time opening.  The book paralleled the fact that Memaw came to visit and she had brought a suitcase just like the grandma in the book.  This was definitely an appropriate book for the weekend and provided a good reading session for both Memaw and my son.  This was the perfect book to read before Memaw left and my son went to bed, as well.  This book is in the category of: family.

                                                       

During this same reading session with Memaw, the book, Rabbit Ears by Amber Stewart was also read.  This is such a fun book about the importance of hygiene and it also focuses on growing up.  While reading this book, it was fun to see my mom and little boy learn and have fun together.  Every time the book mentioned washing the rabbit's ears, Memaw would pretend to be washing my son's ears.  As my son gets older, this will be an excellent book to help reinforce the idea of keeping clean. :)  This book is under the two categories of: hygiene and independence/growing-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment