Monday, August 5, 2013

Trucks, Part 1

My mom purchased a book to have at her home and when my nephew was in California this was THE ULTIMATE FAVORITE!  In fact, it was read so many times I have parts of it memorized and I can't help but here my sister's voice as she read it to her son.  Tonight we read, I'm a Truck By Dennis Shealy.  This is the first book in A Golden Book compilation that also includes two other stories about trucks, hence the name of the post... Trucks, Part 1.  This is a really fun story that is told from the perspective of a big rig who rides the highway.  The big rig, Big Blue Bill, talks about the different types of trucks that he comes across as he drives down the highway.  He also talks about the different jobs that each truck does.  Right now, my son is definitely in a "car phase" (and will probably be in this phase for quite a long time :) ) so this story is perfect for him.  He is very interested in the wheels on each of the vehicles.  Throughout this story there are a few instances where the main focus of the page is the funny words that Big Blue Bill says and my son does his best to mimic me as I read the fun sounds.  This book is in the categories of: Sound Exploration and Sports (for the purposes of this blog, cars and other moving vehicles are "sport-ish").


No comments:

Post a Comment