Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"Book!"

I know that seems like an odd title for a post on a Children's Books blog, but that is what my son has been walking around the house saying nonstop for the last couple of weeks.  He carries a book with him almost all of the time and says, "Book!" over and over again until someone takes the book from him and reads it to him.  One of the books he has been really attached to recently is Whose Nose? By Fiona Munro.  This is one that we picked up on our most recent library trip.  This lift-the-flap book has wonderful rhymes that help the reader guess whose nose is being focused on each page.  My son loves to open and close the large flaps in this book.  Also, while reading this one we have been trying to identify noses on my son, myself, toys, and various other things that might possibly have a nose.  This has been such a fun book to read with my son because he is discovering that he also has a nose.  This book in in the following categories: animals, body parts, lift-the-flap.

No comments:

Post a Comment